Wednesday, September 16, 2015

GRADUATION = FINAL GOODBYE

WOW!  Never did I think it would feel the way it did.  I've been to several graduations before but the difference from sitting in the audience to presenting a dog is significant!  Graduation day was so incredibly special!!

Truckee looked AWESOME!!  I loved that he was still his goofy self but would "straighten" up when it was time to work!  His new partner LOVES HIM TO PIECES!  She would constantly lean over and say "I love you my little Trucker!" 

Being human it's easy to be selfish.  We were selfish when at times we hoped Truckee wouldn't make it as a guide and instead become our pet.  How selfish is that!? 

The opportunity we were given to hand over a dog that we loved and worked with for 13 months straight threw us straight into reality.  The reality being that Truckee's new owner needed Truckee WAY MORE than we needed him as a pet!!

Beacause of that reality, saying goodbye to Truckee wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. 


I LOVE that I was apart of such a special gift and I LOVE that I shared that gift with my mom and my daughter.  I love you both to pieces!


"Give, but give until it hurts.”
Mother Teresa








 

1 comment:

  1. I really like and appreciate your blog post, thanks again. Want some more stuff. New exclusive song by Music MG, this is a very good song.

    Henderson Dog Trainers

    ReplyDelete