Monday, June 16, 2014

KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD...

Last weekend we headed downtown to see the Grand Floral Parade Floats and the ships.  This was a big test for me.  There were dogs and people and kids and smells all around.  I had to use all of my will power to focus on being a working dog.  I finally got into a groove and settled into my task of focusing on my handler and ignoring the distractions around me.

After we saw the floats we headed over to see the Navy ships!  They were awesome, we didn't go onboard but we saw them docked at the Portland Waterfront.  The Grandma had The Mom and I pose with a service man from the Navy.  He loved me and was more than happy to take a picture with us.  The Mom and Grandma thanked him for his service.  I got the feeling that this man has an important job as well.
After we saw the ships we ran into a man playing a clarinet.  He was playing a lovely tune but when he saw me he quickly switched the song to "How Much is the doggie in the Window".  Everyone thought it was pretty funny but I was VERY interested in the noise that was coming out of his instrument.  As it turned out the man's sister raised Guide Dog puppies and he knew quite a lot about how the program works.
We decided to end the day by going to Voodoo Doughnuts, none of us have ever been.  We were told the wait was about 10-15 minutes but it turned out the wait was more like 40 minutes!!  So we decided we didn't need doughnuts that bad!!
It was a fun morning in Portland!!

Last week we had our Guide Dog Club Meeting which was a mock "Theater".  We watched Frozen, which let me just say, I AM SO TIRED OF THAT MOVIE AND THE MUSIC!!!  I wanted to plug my ears.  The Girl listens to the CD when I'm at her house and The Grandma plays the music MULTIPLE times a day for the Daycare kids!!  Ugh!  Anyhow, we watched the movie and the raisers ate popcorn and drank water.  Of course The Grandma had to really test me and throw popcorn down right in front of me, but whatever, I don't fall for those tricks!
This week I have a Club meeting as well as my evaluation.

Wish me luck!

Truckee


No comments:

Post a Comment