Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gentle Leader...Really?

I'm with my weekend family again.  They are doing much better with me.  Last weekend I had a couple potty accidents in the house.  The mom talked to the Grandma and turns out she wasn't taking me out to do my "business" as often as she should.

The whole point is getting me to succeed with my potty training, not to fail by having accidents in the house.  The mom now takes me out to piddle about every 20 minutes or so.  I haven't had any accidents at all this weekend!  Yay for the mom!

They've been working with me on some of my training which includes "go to bed".  They don't say "go to bed" right now.  They are teaching me to recognize the blanket and when I touch it, step on it, sit on it etc. they say "NICE" and give me a piece of kibble.

They also have been working with me on my "come" command.  The girl would be in the hallway and the mom would be in the living room.  One would call "TRUCKEE COME!" and I would go to whoever called me.  That was a fun lil' training session!

The Mom, the girl and the Grandma went out to see a Guide Dog Graduation Ceremony on Saturday.  I couldn't go since I'm not old enough yet. The mom is such a cry baby that before she left the house she had to make sure she had tissue!  I guess one of my brothers was out there and they got to meet him.  His name is Tumba (sp) and he's a black lab, the mom showed me a picture of him.
The cat came around more this weekend than last.  She still isn't as nice as Cooper, and I just can't understand why she doesn't like me.  I mean I'm *ME* how can she not like ME!  She came closer and I just want to sniff her like I do Cooper but she was NOT going to let that happen!  Maybe next weekend it will be better.  Paws crossed!
The mom and the girl wanted to take some pictures of me in my gear.  Let me tell you, they are not as good as The Grandma when it comes to putting my gear on, or for that matter, they aren't as good with most everything!  Anyhow, they put the gear on me and I am not a fan of the "gentle leader"  I guess I'm just going to have to get used to this thing... "Gentle Leader"  REALLY?

Well, I go back to The Grandma's house in a lil' bit.  The girl has a friend over and I overhead them talking that they wanted to dress me up.  I will give The Mom my most desperate, cute, puppy dog begging eyes, in hopes she will save me from that type of torture!

Wish me luck!

Truckee

2 comments:

  1. I just cant get enough of your blog, so well done and so sweet. I always look for a new entry. Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Truckee. Always puts a smile on my face. Good luck getting used to that "gentle leader" thing, no puppy ever likes them.

    ReplyDelete