Friday, February 14, 2014

A little about me, hmmm, me! Ya, I like the sound of that...ME!

I was born in San Rafael California on December 10th, 2013 to my parents Denise and Julian.  My mom is a Black Lab and my dad is a Yellow Lab.  I was born to be a Guide Dog for the Blind.  Sounds like a pretty big job to ME. 

I'm 8 weeks old now (almost 9) and I was brought from sunny CAL-I-FOR-NI-A to D-R-E-A-R-Y Oregon.  Actually my delivery to dreary Oregon was delayed because they had SNOW!!  Never seen it before so when I was finally delivered to my family on February 10th, 2014 I was BLOWN away by all the white!  White, white and more WHITE!!  It was so cold on my paws but I loved jumping and pouncing in it!  The best part was licking the white stuff, though, my raisers told me I can't keep doing that and they scooped me up.  I can-not-tell-a-lie, I loved being in their arms!  I like licking their faces just as much as the white stuff!  They told me I can't keep doing that either, boo!



I'm being co-raised which means I have two families, two homes and 4 people to love me!  My co-raisers are actually related, it's a mother-daughter-sibling-grandma-kind-of-thing.  I'll introduce them:
My primary raisers are Avery (she's 9, almost 10), Amy (she's Avery's mom but won't let me say how old she is), Linda (She's Avery's Grandma and Amy's mom and I'm like her 16th Guide dog she's raised.  You can imagine how old she is!).  Then there is Chael (he's 11 and he's Avery's brother, Amy's son and Linda's grandson) he's very busy with athletics so he can't spend as much time with me as the rest of my raisers.


For now I'm living with Linda at her house.  Apparently, or obviously, she's way more experienced with potty training than Avery and Amy so they agreed that I would stay with her until I get on a good schedule.  Once I get on a good schedule I will then stay with Avery, Amy and Chael on the weekends.  Then when I get old enough and if I'm well behaved I will get to go to work with Amy!  

OH! I forgot! Right now, at Linda's house, she has kids everywhere!!  Everyday there are all these kids running around.  I guess she does daycare, I've only heard of doggy-daycare, must be similar...  There are so many noises and smells (Some REALLY BAD SMELLS) and toys!  It's amazing!  She also has another dog named Shaker and she's really nice but kind of goofy if you ask me!  I still like her though.  There is a BIG cat named Cooper, he's bigger than me!  He's nice too.  During the week she doggy-sits a Career Changed named Alfie.  In case you don't know what a Career Changed dog is, it's a Guide Dog that was in training but for some reason or another he didn't quite make it to be a Guide Dog for the Blind.   BUT he gets to live with Michelle, who raised him, and be her forever pet.  Back to Alfie, he's 10 times bigger than me but somehow I scare him!  When he sees me, he freezes!  It's actually pretty funny and I like to sneak up on him and watch him freeze up!

Well that was my big intro to D-R-E-A-R-Y Oregon and to my new family.  I'll share my experiences as I grow and learn new things.

WISH ME LUCK!!

Love - Truckee

6 comments:

  1. Good luck in your training Truckee. We are looking forward to hearing all about it. I am a career changed dog from Guide Dogs. My mom is getting ready for another puppy in a couple months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you dont know squattibody is me, Leona Roe. I love your blog and now I have a bookmark I will look forward to reading all about Truckee and his antics and progress. Very good writing Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome can't wait to read about your adventures. I'm finishing raising my 11th pup Pinnacle who is male golden lab cross

    ReplyDelete