Thursday, February 20, 2014

My "Peeps!"

So last night I attended my first guide dog meeting and I got to meet all of my "peeps!"  There was Walsh, Oliver, & Thatcher and a couple Career Changed dogs named Gucci and the scared-y cat, Alfie!

Looks like there is lots for me to learn.  The other dogs and handlers walked around practicing some food reward.  I had to sit out and watch, I'm not quite ready to walk with the group yet.

Later we sat in a circle and talked about appropriate places I can go at certain ages.  We talked about how to handle different situations when we are out and about.  Turns out I can't have people loving and hugging and petting and going all goo-goo-gah-gah over me all the time.  When I finally get to go out to public places I will be working.  Which makes sense because I've got a big job to learn and I have to pay attention.

While we were in the circle I was doing so good I kept getting the "pocket kibble!"  I must have been doing really good cause I got a lot of it!  I think I like working with Avery the most, she likes to reward me and I like being rewarded!


I'm looking forward to my next meeting and seeing all my "peeps" again!

Until then, Wish me luck!

Truckee



No comments:

Post a Comment