Thursday, February 27, 2014

Loose Leash, huh?

I had my puppy meeting last night and it went really well!  Actually before the puppy meeting I was picked up by our clubs CFR (Community Field Rep).  She wanted to spend a little time with me, see how I was doing.

So when we got to the meeting the CFR showed everyone how quickly I learn.  My raisers (Avery and Amy and Linda) were all "Loose Leash, huh?"  Anyhow, the CFR and I had to work with them and show them how to do it.  If I pull on the leash, or if I'm distracted I do not get "Pocket Kibble".

See pic below -


BUT - if I'm paying attention and not pulling then I get a reward!

See pic!


I was doing so good the CFR decided to test me, so she threw out a couple pieces of kibble on the floor.  For those that don't know, us Guide Dog Puppies in training can NOT eat ANYTHING off the ground.  I was like, OH YEAH, LET ME GET IT!!  However, I couldn't get it, boo!





I then realized, like a light bulb went off in my head, if I stop pulling, trying to get to the kibble, I could get a reward!  So ya, I was pretty amazing last night!


I also got to meet Chael and Avery's Cousin, Amy's niece and Linda's granddaughter - Addie. I mean, what can I say, she fell for me instantly!


Okay, but on a serious note - I must admit that I got in trouble at The Grandma's house.  Ya, me and the goof ball, Shaker, got carried away and started running around the house.  We got too carried away.  The Grandma had to have a talk with both of us.


I felt bad and will try my hardest not to fall under the peer pressure of Shaker again.

Wish me luck!

Truckee

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this blog, makes my day every time I read them.

    ReplyDelete